Sunday, March 13, 2016

I Think I'll Make This a Chronicle of my Weight Loss Journey

My first week on Key

Back when I created this blog, I intended to write about some of the things that were going on in my life as I tried to navigate the end stages of my Mom's life. It came to me  on one of the many journeys between her home back to mine that occurred over those last couple of years. Well, I never followed up. Instead I just plowed through all the tasks, feeling, ups, downs, and grief of the days and nights that followed. It was OK, I had a support system, friends and family who I could blow off steam to, but I do wish I had written down some of the stuff that was happening.

I have never been good at journaling. The only time I successfully made any kind of regular written entries in anything was when I was blogging about the pugs. Now, it has been 3 years since I made a post. I miss it, but I also have maintained many of the friendships I made through blogging on Facebook.

I have good intentions. This will be a private blog. Somewhere I can post photos, write down feeling, maybe make some connections between the loss of my mother and the 50 lbs I gained in a year and a half since losing her. So in essence, it will still be about the bitterbottom. After all, I am all that is left to carry on her legacy.

I have been on key for  2 months and one week. I am down considerably, but I can't weigh myself, so I have to identify non scale victories. There have been many. Clothes are looser, rings, looser, more energy, no more cycle of addiction. I will write more, I hope. But right now, It's time to feed those pugs.


No comments:

Post a Comment